Thursday, September 30, 2010

Legend of the Guardians, The Owls of Ga'Hoole movie is finally here!

At long last the movie has arrived!  Legend of the Guardians, The Owls of Ga'Hoole opened in theatres last Friday.  After a wait that seems like an eternity, I'm elated.  We just returned from the theatre and I'm not disappointed!  btw, no copyright infringement is herein attempted.  I'm just a fan....


For those who aren't familiar, Guardians of Ga'hoole is a series of children's books written by acclaimed author Kathryn Lasky.  This movie chronicles a classic tale of valor where old school values like championing the cause of innocents and vanquishing evil are espoused. 

Legend of the Guardians, The Owls of Ga'Hoole is a pure unadulterated fairy tale about an unlikely band of owl heroes.  These popular books have earned millions of fans worldwide and this mythic tale was the inspiration behind my Ga'Hoole Tree Artisan Jewelry that is 100% handmade in Toronto.

Having read all the Guardians of Ga'Hoole books, I was somewhat concerned that the movie would omit too much relevant content.  In fact I doubted that any screenplay could possibly do justice to the plethora of interesting content contained in the series.

We didn't view the movie in 3D so maybe I'll go back for that.  My husband didn't appreciate the somewhat light treatment and fast pace on certain scenes, but with movie adaptations it is always difficult to please every reader... 



Anyhow, I *adored* the flavour and spirit of this film.  The animation is extraordinary.  Images and many scenes are just as I had imagined them!  With voices provided by a truly killer cast including Helen Mirren, Geoffrey Rush and Sam Neill the soundtrack and script were even more enjoyable than I anticipated.  And the Owl City theme song didn't disappoint either. 

Two years ago a stranger on YouTube pointed me towards the work of Owl City. They likely found me because my online handle on many social networking sites is "gahooletree".  Anyhow, I definitely enjoy the music of Adam Young and his movie theme song "To The Sky" is great.  I will purchase either the movie soundtrack or album.  I'll pick up a copy of this movie when it becomes available for purchase too.  Is there a sequel in the works? :)



http://www.scholastic.com/kids/stacks/videos/index.htm?pid=1847329102&bclid=1815835692&bcpid=1847329102&bcpid=1909906952&bctid=524209848001




our cool new Ga'Hoole Tree Jewelry gift box labels

No comments: