Thursday, December 25, 2008

New ShopIt Widget

I'm trying this new free shopping cart software from www.ShopIt.com that allows you to post a widget to social marketing venues like FaceBook and MySpace. Will let you know how it goes.

To get my etsy content added to this new venue I've experimented with using the www.Letsets.com GoogleBase formatter bulk download and converting it to a CSV file for bulk upload to ShopIt. This system takes some time to implement. It might be just as fast to input each item manually to ShopIt.

But this type of advertising on social marketing venues might just make sense because my widget on FaceBook is already receiving traffic. Check it out!

Till next time,
~Anna Lee

3 comments:

tkmetalarts said...

I'm eagerly waiting to hear more... That would be so great when you get ShopIt to work.

Anonymous said...

Anna Lee: I hope this works, although that .csv file upload sounds complicated. BUT traffic is traffic! Sounds like you are listing the same items in both shops, eh? Take care and enjoy your holiday. Teri

A Beaded Affair said...

Always on the cutting edge. I will anxiously follow your progress with this since a cart system is something I am looking for. Using paypal now and it works but is cumbersome. Will be interesting to see how you do.
Lois
http://www.abeadedaffair.com