Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lacy Flower and Vine Comb

Wow, I just figured out how to adjust the frame widths on this blogger template. All those years of struggling on my own to learn html are paying off. I feel this new layout is more visually pleasing. Monday was a good day project wise. I figured out how to create a custom Error 404 Page Not Found document for one of my websites. That's a project I have been meaning to get to for years.

I also have finally created a sitemap and uploaded it to google. Those .xml things are still a mystery to me though :)

In jewelry, I'm working on Corra's new zhu ring tutorial (from deCor's Handmades) which I haven't figured out yet, but I did create an amazing folded wrap of copper wire (I'll call this technique "zhu wrap gone wrong") that I'll incorporate into something special for a later post.

Finally as noted elsewhere, this is the season when I'm busy designing bridal hair accessories. My garlands, hairvines, tiaras and hair combs consist mainly of freshwater pearls of various shades wrapped in genuine sterling silver wire embellished with a sprinkling of glittering swarovski crystals. This New Era Heirloom Lacy Flower and Vine Bridal Veil Comb is representative of the delicate bridal sprays that I enjoy creating. A sterling silver spray with pearl and crystal accent can add pop and sizzle to so many aspects of a beautifully pulled together wedding day - from bridal centrepieces, bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages to yes even the cake!

Our bridal accessories can be produced using either glass, swarovski crystals or genuine gemstones (at a minor upcharge). We will incorporate coordinating or matching freshwater pearls or we offer imitation pearlescent beads for the value conscious.

How about a little blue sapphire to add that "something blue"? Or what about incorporating tiny birthstones to represent both bride and groom? It's so easy and lovely to create these customized statement pieces that I really have fun with them! And I hope it shows....

No comments: