Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hone your craft





Although I used to be a self help junky, I'm not much of a fan of jewelry tutorials. Most of them seem to be a cash grab with very little fresh and new information to put forth. But the other day I purchased my second jewelry tutorial. My first one was authored by the intrepid Eni Oken whose intricate wrapping techniques caught my eye a few years ago.



Anyhow I just purchased on Etsy from deCor's Handmades and found their Pipa chinese love knot earring tutorial to be very easy to follow. I just love the first pair of earrings that I made following this system.


I used sterling silver wire, mystic topaz onion centres surrounded by a ring of burnt orange coloured tundra sapphires and an outside ring of claret toned tundra sapphires. Eventually I will tweak this method to suit my own style. For this first attempt I actually wanted to surround the mystic topaz with a ring of very fine faceted glimmering black diamonds, but I didn't leave quite enough room for them! Oh well, live and learn...


You can purchase this nice tutorial at the decors blog link above or at their etsy store called deCor's Handemades!








1 comment:

Corra said...

You did a very good job, Anna. I am glad that you find the tutorial useful!

Corra @ de Cor's Handmades